GUEST ARTISTS / SEMINARS
CHERI ROL SEMINAR
Friday, Nov. 7, to Sunday Nov. 9, 2014
Seminar will be held at the Royal Canadian Legion Centennial Branch #285
Located at 9202 Horton Road SW CALGARY, AB
DATES & TIMES:
- Friday, Nov. 7, 2014 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 8, 2014 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 9, 2014 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Seminar Cost: $325.00
($100.00 non-refundable deposit payable at time of
registration and balance by October 1, 2014
Surface Cost: $37.95
(9x12 Masonite Pre-Prepped panel and
a Solid Oak Rectangular Frame)
Seminar Fee includes:
- Oil paint, Griffin Alkyds and mediums for class room use
- pattern packet and class room step-by-step instruction from world-class instructor/designer
- pre-prepped masonite panel and solid oak wooden frame that the panel can slide into (interchangeable with other panels .... Great for future work you do also)
- Coffee and tea throughout the day, catered light lunch (if you have food allergies, every effort will be made to try to accommodate however, I do recommend you supply your own lunch)
- Lots of great learning from a world-class instructor and lots of fun.
Recommended Brushes for this Project: (students must supply their own)
- Cheri Rol Chisel Blenders #2, #4, #6, or #8, #10 or #12, Cheri Rol Droplet #2, Cheri Rol Mops #2 and #3,
- Cheri Rol #10/0 Script Liner
Please note that brushes will be available for purchase at the seminar or you can make arrangement to pick your brushes up at the studio prior to the seminar.
- The room this year is an inside room without windows to the outside, therefore if you want to bring along a table ott light you are welcome, please also provide your own extension cord.
This seminar is geared towards all painters – even if you have minimal painting
experience with oils, this is a great opportunity for you to experience oil painting
with one of the best! Join us for two and a half fun packed days and learn from
Cheri how to create this stunning and realistic still life!
To Register: contact Sharlene at (403) 873-8877 or
email me at email@example.com
Cheri is a fantastic teacher and has
so much to share with us. You can find more information about Cheri
and her designs on her website at
FUTURE SEMINARS: It is very important to me to bring to my
students designer/artists that you would like to paint with. If
there is a designer/artist that you would love to take a class with,
please let me know and maybe I can make it happen for a future
seminar. There is nothing like learning from the designer directly
and I encourage students of all levels to take advantage of having
these designers so close to home.
Some painters are lucky enough to attend conventions where they have
opportunities to take classes with many different designers.
Conventions can sometimes move along so quickly in class that not
all students feel comfortable with the techniques. These seminars
provide students with more time and individual attention with the
designer/artist and give students the opportunity to learn
techniques in a more thorough manner.
Artfully Toled Studio
Sharlene Arseneau - Owner/Teacher
35 Sunmount Crescent